Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bon appétit, anyone?

Guess what I saw on a van selling 'tong sui' just outside my college today...

SEMEN GINKGO!??

First word that came out from my mouth - EEEW!
What was that!?
Isn't semen a thick, whitish fluid that is produced during ejaculation by male mammals and carries sperm cells? (definition sourced from Dictionary.com)
I thought it was a misspelled word, or just a very BIG joke.

But still my gang and I still bought "tong sui" from that uncle, who must be puzzled why I had such a big reaction towards his "menu".

However the 'Semen Gingko' tastes alright.
No "weird" taste like what the name states. *gulp*

I went back and Googled for 'Semen Ginkgo', and found out that it is a correct term, although the common term is Ginkgo Biloba, Semen Ginkgo is it's pharmaceutic name.
Another meaning of 'semen', besides what we learned in science class, is the seed of plants.

Haih, selling 'tong sui' only mah, need to use so "high tech" word meh.
Misleading and freaking people out only. *shakes head*

3 thunderbolt(s):

Coffee Lover Kid said...

1 tong sui tapau + deliver please!!

sHanNa said...

huh?!?!? SEMEN? Yieaaakk! =="
why called it such a big word? ><" omg... =.="
We are just NORMAL ppl~ =)
hahaa~ =)

Anonymous said...

geez....
funny... :D