Friday, October 2, 2009

The real beginning

Time flies. Moved on to another big phase in life. Doesn't seem very appealing as what we used to think when we were still young. Thoughts of "can't wait to grow up" and "can't wait to finish my studies" has proven to be foolish thoughts. "A's" is no longer important, instead "money" is.


Life has not change much since this transition. Only difference is that we have to bear much more responsibilities, financial ones especially. No more sleeping in when you can't get up in the morning, no more shopping and karaoke in the afternoons, no more late night net surfing or mamak sessions. After a whole day at work, the only thing you will think of to do when you get back home is get some REST.

So far I've been adapting to this kind of life quite well, although I have lose out quite a number of things, quality time with friends, and MYSELF. Anyhow I'm very thankful that I landed myself a job right after I graduate, not a very high pay job but met the 'standards' for a degree graduate, wonderful bosses, great colleagues, having the freedom and doing what I like.

While others are still enjoying their post-graduation holidays and 'window shopping' for the best job they could ever find, I put myself straight away into the never ending working life without much hesitation. Hope I have made the right decision. For now, I still believe I'm making the right decision. *fingers crossed*

6 thunderbolt(s):

Unknown said...

all the best ya~ (^.^)v
gonna miss our uni life~

Mike Yip said...

I think getting straight into work after graduating is a good step.

I did that and never regretted it. Not that I've achieved my financial freedom but rather than worrying about allowance and all, I can ease my parent's burden and do what I want with my own money. :D

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.