Thursday, November 1, 2007

1st Day of WORK!

It's soooo exciting! You know why? Because it's such a "special" day...
My day started off with the typical bumper-to-bumper jam all the way from Cheras to MidValley (it really sux), and it seems like everybody is parking their car in the middle of the road! Not that bad la, just exaggerating a bit, but hey, it's really torturing... coz... pity me, I'm driving MANUAL man! *sobs*

Brief introduction on my job: It's 10 to 6, Mondays to Fridays, and alternate full-Saturdays, in Petaling Jaya, nearby Hilton Hotel. By the way, I'm not that old yet to graduate, this is just my first internship, and the allowance is terrible... The average allowance my other course mates get is around RM300-500, and so far I heard the highest record is RM1200! My bf was even promised a basic salary of RM800, exclusive of commission T_T
I have to work 5.3 months to get his basic salary! (Do the math yourself)... But I should really be grateful for getting this place, coz it's close to perfection.. and some of my friends don't even get paid...

End of whining (Part 1).. Lets go to whining Part 2~ XD

Despite the jam I still managed to reach half an hour earlier (coz i left home at 8:45am, to be safe okay...) And then, like the usual first day of work, show you around, tell you your responsibilities, etc. Then it came to assigning of jobs... No point explaining it here coz you'll start to yawn~ In short, it's exciting! But tiring.. of course...

12:30pm, my boss shooed everyone to the kitchen, and treated us Dominoes... Nice right? But have you heard of the idiom, "There's no such thing as a free lunch"? 3:30pm, guess what, GARDENING and WASHING! Yippee!
Yes, there's nothing wrong with your eyes, WE DID GARDENING and WASHING... of what? Of the walls outside! And it's a bungalow, with dirty walls.. pity us (luckily there are 5 of us to share the load)... and until 6pm, all we did was... *scrub scrub*... *splish splash*... *tug & pull*...

That's it! First day of work... interesting enough? I'm so worn out... Can't wait for tmr!!!!!! Yippee!!!

Bear in mind that some of the happy or excited exclamations might be reversed in meaning...

On the bright note, there will not be any gardening or washing tmr! *crossed fingers*

2 thunderbolt(s):

sHanNa said...

hahahaahahha~ reading ur blog indeed make me wink and grin a lot of times~ haahaha! =)
it's good that somehow u got some "good" exclaimation marks which u enjoy much~ hahahha! =)
all the best to u!
keep update urself here yar~! hhehe! byebye!
gambateh! ^^

stephie said...

haha, i so feel the sarcasm...@_@